rameau

rameau's ramblings

The Complete Sherlock Holmes (The Heirloom Collection)
Bill & Martin Greenberg (eds.), Ian Fleming, Leslie Charteris, John D. MacDonald, W. Somerset Maugham, Peter O'Donnell, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Erle Stanley Gardner, John Jakes, Edward D. Hoch, Cornell Woolrich, William E. Barrett, Bruce Cassiday, Mic
Progress: 13 %
Koraani
Jaakko Hämeen-Anttila

New Spring (Wheel of Time prequel) by Robert Jordan

New Spring (Wheel of Time, #0) - Robert Jordan

Lan is an idiot. Moiraine is an idiot too. Together they're too stupid to live, but somehow they survive to the first book.

I listened to this to remind myself of all the things I've forgotten about the ten or so translated Wheel of Time books I read years and years ago. Luckily I wasn't doing anything more taxing than putting one foot in front of another on a flat surface or the facepalming induced by the characterisations and plot progress might have proved to be lethal.

I'll keep listening to the series but I fear I've grown out of appreciating purple prose of this sort.