rameau

rameau's ramblings

The Complete Sherlock Holmes (The Heirloom Collection)
Bill & Martin Greenberg (eds.), Ian Fleming, Leslie Charteris, John D. MacDonald, W. Somerset Maugham, Peter O'Donnell, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Erle Stanley Gardner, John Jakes, Edward D. Hoch, Cornell Woolrich, William E. Barrett, Bruce Cassiday, Mic
Progress: 13 %
Koraani
Jaakko Hämeen-Anttila

Annoying quirks

The Glass Magician - Charlie N. Holmberg

I liked this book almost as much as I liked the first book, but this time I started noticing Holmberg's certain writing quirks. And once I was paying attention those things started annoying me.

Like how often Holmberg would use the prase "for a long moment" or something similar. Or how Emory smirks as much as he smiles. Like how Ceony knows he was a bully but hasn't demanded an explanation on how he's learned from his mistakes and changed his ways.

You know, little things.

I've started the third book in this trilogy and unfortunately I get to add slut shaming on that list. Yay. I guess.