rameau

rameau's ramblings

The Complete Sherlock Holmes (The Heirloom Collection)
Arthur Conan Doyle, Simon Vance
Progress: 13 %
Koraani
Jaakko Hämeen-Anttila

Sovitus (Atonement) by Ian McEwan

Atonement - Ian McEwan

I'm sorry, E, I can't do it. We promised to make an effort and I've tried, but I don't think... no, I know I can't do it. This is the first of our Rory Gilmore challenge books I'm DNFing.

I hate this book.

I've read three chapters, 67 pages out of 541, and I already know it won't change my mind about the story I saw in the film. Twice. I didn't actively dislike Atonement the film when I first saw it but it definitely contributed my dislike towards Keira Knightley'sacting. Then I saw it again and I hated it. From the bottom of my black and crispy soul. James McAvoy gets to thank his interrupted romance with Michael Fassbender in X-Men: First Class that I'll watch anything he's in anymore.

The best thing I can say about this book is that it was written by a man. As opposed to a... I can't really think of any species I hate enough to credit Atonement to them.

Gods, that felt good. Heippa.