rameau

rameau's ramblings

The Complete Sherlock Holmes (The Heirloom Collection)
Bill & Martin Greenberg (eds.), Ian Fleming, Leslie Charteris, John D. MacDonald, W. Somerset Maugham, Peter O'Donnell, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Erle Stanley Gardner, John Jakes, Edward D. Hoch, Cornell Woolrich, William E. Barrett, Bruce Cassiday, Mic
Progress: 13 %
Koraani
Jaakko Hämeen-Anttila

The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan

The Eye of the World - Robert Jordan

I was all set to give this monstrosity three stars because despite the purple prose and boring story there was a sense of nostalgia involved in listening this book. I liked the narrators, mostly, and applaud them for getting through it with a straight face. Although, how would I know how many hours they spent giggling hysterically on the floor over the words they were meant to speak to the microphone. They edit these things, I hear.

Someone should've told that to Jordan. I now know where my bad phase of repeating certain things excessively comes from. And apparently subtlety is over-appreciated too. The scene with Nynaeve and Lan was like a sledgehammer to the reader's skull. So bad. I must have scared a few innocent passers by while shopping for chocolate muffins because of that scene.

So why will I keep on listening to these books? Because I've already caught up with the Welcome to Night Vale podcast and I need something in my ears while I walk.