rameau

rameau's ramblings

The Complete Sherlock Holmes (The Heirloom Collection)
Arthur Conan Doyle, Simon Vance
Progress: 13 %
Koraani
Jaakko Hämeen-Anttila

Wish List

Wish List - Sylvia Day I bought and read this because I wanted to try something of Sylvia Day’s without spending too much time on something with a heel on the cover. I’m thinking I made the right choice.From a technical perspective, Day writes very well. Grammar, story structure, and other basic details have been thought through as have the characters and characterisations. But. As much as I liked the words, I didn’t particularly like the story they were telling.I realise this is a short story and an erotica. It’s supposed to be a fantasy and it’s not supposed to be bogged down by such small details as lengthy discussions and explicit consent, but I don’t think this worked without those in the front. Stephanie is too determined against having any fun for Nicholas’ forced seduction(s) to read as anything other than borderline rape to me. She tells him to stop too many times for me to fully immerse in the fantasy weekend off she’s supposed to be taking. And his refusal to take a no for an answer seriously hinders my ability to consider him as a romantic hero. Day tried but it didn’t work for me. I’ve not yet given up on her as an author, but I’m not in a hurry to read more from her either.